Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Pre-Expansion Slump.

I'm at a point right now where I don't know what to do to stay occupied until WOTLK is released.

Our guilds current Kara run will most likely stop and, honestly, why do I want to waste my time raiding 25-mans when I'll be leveling to 80 soon? I don't want to invest the time, gold & stress in to 25-man raiding only to burn out, level to 80 and DE all the old gear.

With Season 4 just starting, I'm almost positive the expansion won't see the light of day until the end of this year or early 2009. With that in mind, there is tons of PVP to be had.. but.. I don't really care for unorganized battlegrounds or Arena.

So where does that leave me?

I'm weighing out my options and trying to figure out what to do from here. I'm thinking of doing the cookie-cutter "PVE, PVE, Alt" scenario where I dedicate one toon to running heroics & Kara when the option arrives, one toon just for PVP and then work on one alt in my spare time.

PVE

I have no intentions on doing anything with Veresitha before WOTLK. Her gear is great
and I have no need for Kara or heroics and doing either of them is only going to get me epic gems (woo) or a hefty repair bill. Drim is gearing up his Druid tank so I respecced Mutoh Enhancement to help him fill a spot in PuGs. His Elemental set is great and I pulled way too much threat so the downgrade in DPS will still help Drim fill a spot without having to worry about Mutoh tanking the whole time lol.

I love my Moonkin but I'm in the same boat as Mutoh. Her gear is great and I hit hard but that plays a factor when grouping with my friends undergeared tank alts. I only need a weapon for her and that only comes out of Kara or heroic MgT so chances are she'll be my PVE toon of choice.

PVP

I don't twink as I find it to be a waste of money and honestly the most whining comes out of the 29 BG bracket. No thanks. Chances are that I'll level my Warrior, Adiar, to 70, spec PVP Arms and then just rock BG's for S2 until I get a few pieces. At that point I'll do some "free point" arena wherever I can until I get the hang of it and then look for a serious 3's or 5's team. If I PVP as any toon it's going to be Adiar since Arms Warriors are brutal.

The good thing about PVP is that I can get a ton of new gear and rewards in a short amount of time and then just enjoy the Arena experiance to get slow upgrades. Unlike raiding where I'd have to wait and wait for those drops I actually know what I'm getting and what BG I'd need to do. Since I would get a majority of my PVP gear early on I wouldn't mind replacing it all as I level to 80.

ALT

This is going to be the hardest decision for me since I have 3 toons I'd like to play and MIGHT wind up just alternating them based on their rested XP. I'd like to focus on Serpe exclusively but sadly I only play with 2 or 3 people on the Horde side and they aren't always on. Still a toss-up here.

No comments: